Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sweet and Savory Memories

I'm finally home from New York and if I tried to write a blog about every place I ate and everything I loved, I'd have to live on ramen noodles for the next six months. Since that would be a shame (It is Miami Spice time after all), I'm just going to give a quick run down of a few dishes that shine out from the bunch:

Green papaya salad and crispy tofu at Kin Khao

Pan-seared artichoke hearts and Parmesan cheese at Westville

Fancy whiskey drinks at the Algonquin

Lemony-peppery arugula salad at Bread

Bacon-wrapped scallops and sweet potato puree at Les Enfants Terribles

Health Sandwich at Cafe Continental

Frozen Hot Chocolate and Texas Chili at Serendipity 3

Giant pastrami reuben at Katz's Delicatessen

Warm Passion Fruit Souffle at the French Culinary Institute

Mango on a stick from a vendor off of Union Square

Vegan Lemon poppy seed cupcake at Babycakes Bakery (amazing!)

Linguine with clams and pesto at Caffe Falai

MMMMmmmmmMMMMMmmmmm... I love New York!

No comments: