Thursday, December 20, 2007

Much love for OneBurger

During the finals crunch, I managed to spend a night out on the town with one of my favorite people, my lil' sis Sofi, a.k.a. "mini-me." Sofi and I started the night out looking for Italian cuisine, but had a change of heart and decided to go for the quintessential American classic--burgers and fries. Not wanting to waste our night out on Mickey D's or BK, Sof and I hit up OneBurger, an upscale burger joint offering a twist on the classic. OneBurger, a hip and trendy eatery, spices up the traditional by offering a plethora of toppings including goat cheese, roasted peppers, pesto, bacon, cheddar, and mozarella on your choice of beef, chicken, turkey or veggie burger. Sides aren't limited to plain potatoes, as diners can choose from sweet potato fries, yuca fries, onion rings, soup, or salad. Sof went for the double decker bacon cheddar burger with onion rings, while I choose the goat cheese and roasted pepper burger with sweet potato fries. Sofi's sandwich was massive and flavorful, and the neatly stacked onion rings were crispy and light. I wasn't quite sure how my toppings would pair with the burger, but it couldn't have been more delicious. The sweet potato fries were some of the best I have eaten, succulent and salty. Sof and I liked OneBurger so much we brought our parents for lunch later that week. Seating is limited at OneBurger, but during lunch hours additional seating is available next door at the Globe. Here are some pictures of our favorites:


No comments: