Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Maranatha Nut Butters

Ok, a quick post and a plug. Lately, I've been trying different kinds of separated peanut butters, you know the kinds where the oil sits on the top and you have to stir and stir and stir it to get peanut butter again? I'm trying to avoid the trans-fats. Well, first I tried Smuckers version and it was tough to stir and dry as paste. This can happen with organic and unmixed butters, hydrogenated oils to wonders for mouth feel. Then, I decided to spring for the slightly more expensive Maranatha unseparated peanut butter. Wow, what a difference. It actually felt like peanut butter. Even better, it is the most peanut-buttery peanut butter I have ever tried, even without the hydrogenated oils!. So right now, I'm enjoying this awesome peanut butter on an English muffin with a little drizzle of honey on top and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Happy Tuesday to you all and may your breakfasts be as tasty!

No comments: