Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Finding fall in the kitchen

Here are some beauty shots (ok, I'm still working on my photography skills) of some Greek-style stuffed peppers I made with my family in Miami. I just love how the bright red, orange and yellow peppers contrast with my Mom's robin egg blue cast-iron pot, especially on these grey autumn days in Arlington. The peppers are stuffed with some grilled chicken, feta cheese, cherry tomatos, spinach, garlic, onions, salt and pepper. In true R-C style, we took no measurements so I can't pass on a recipe, but if I did, it would sound something like this: Heat up some olive oil in a skillet add chicken, feta cheese, tomatos, onions and garlic to taste. Stuff peppers, place in cast iron pot, top with more feta cheese and heat in a 425 degree oven until peppers are soft.


I think this recipe has a lot of potential, but it needs more work before it is blog ready. So the moral of this story is go out get some foods you like, throw them together and see what happens!

It's like having a sunny fall day all in one pot.








No comments: