Monday, June 7, 2010

And, we're back!

It's hard to believe that its been almost 2 months since I have posted a blog up here (or anywhere for that matter!) First of all, apologies! Secondly, my excuse...Tasting Serendipity is PREGNANT!!!! This very exciting development has me and the hubby quite excited, but it did have an adverse effect on my relationship with food. While my morning sickness was never epic, it did cause a revulsion to anything food related that wasn't saltine crackers for awhile. Formerly tantalizing scents like simmering garlic and basil became smells that could not be tolerated. This unfortunately extended to my writing about food too. Yikes!

But now, I am out of the first trimester woods and really, really hungry again! Plus, I have 2 months worth of travels to tell you about. Yes, despite the morning (anytime) sickness I did manage to keep down some really great meals. So stay tuned for amazing eats from Chicago, Miami, Rome, and Positano. We had some great dishes that I need to remember and practice like the famous Roman cacio e pepe, a super simple, but stunning pasta dish with just four ingredients.

Until tomorrow dear reader friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great trip! I look fwd to your simple pasta dish. Four simple ingredients = my language.

whatsthedeal said...

Congratulations! And welcome back! I hear you on the difficulty of blogging about food when you can't even eat it. :)