Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Paladar Carmen Maria

Having come to terms with the fact that there are no authentic Cuban restaurants in the Greater DC area, I'm taking matters into my own hands. Mami's (Mom's) tutorial on how to make Cuban coffee was just the inspiration I needed to start making good criollo food at home. Armed with Nitza's classic Cocina Criolla and a few other books, I'm going to start with the basics ropa vieja, arroz con pollo, pudin de pan (old clothes, chicken and rice, bread pudding), things I already (kind of) know how to cook, and then I'm going for broke -- Pastelitos, here I come! Friends and family in the NoVa area get ready to eat, Mom get ready for lots (more) phone calls home. Paladar Carmen Maria is open for business!

1 comment:

Jaimy and Bret said...

Oh pleeeeease can we come over for Cuban food?! We'll bring the wine? Bret has been jonesing for good Cuban food since his first trip to Miami!